Re: OT new virus

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 07:10:19 EDT

They're not "Morons" Bill...just "End Users". ;)

Make sure the auto-update is set to automatically download and install
critical updates (simple to do on a system image or push via SMS or other
remote management software)...and you're pretty much ok. Filtering these
viruses is really up to the IT Staff/NOC as they need to make sure that the
firewalls and mailservers are updated. The last two companies I worked at
(in the IT field)...we never had a virus - firewall, systems management, and
email server were all setup to prevent this type of problem (Yes...Linux,
SUN, and Windows servers/clients).

- Bernd