Re: DML Start Up/Idle Problem

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 14:31:12 EDT

Hey, Garret:

Similar deal here in an otherwise trouble free for 9 years Dak. I've been
talking with Bernd about it and trying different things, but no solution
yet. Battery's new and of sufficient charge, coolant temp sensors (both)
fine, IAC fine, PCV fine, SBEC fine, no fuel leakdown or pressure loss,
etc. Like you, if the truck sits for more than a day, it doesn't run
right when first started. After a brief drive, I can restart it and
everything's fine. When it first started this stuff, it acted like I had
a really wild cam in it (shook like a dog sh*tt*ng peach pits) and
couldn't run in OD for about 5 miles. After that, everything was back to
normal and it ran as strong as ever.

Hope someone figures this one out.

RIchard in San Antonio

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:53:41 -0400
> From: "Garret Lewis" <ladysmithgwl@1bigred.com>
> Subject: DML: Start Up/Idle Problem
>
> Well, I'm still having some problems with my Dak when I start it up.
> So, I'm
> looking for a little input/help from the DML. Here is what happens
> and what
> I've done so far to correct the problem.
>
> When you start my truck after it has been sitting, it does not idle
> up. The
> RPMs are only at about 800. Also, if it is cold out, the truck will
> not stay
> running. When it is cold, it basically fires up and then idles
> right back
> down and will cut off unless you keep your foot on the accelerator.
> As a
> side note, my truck does not get driven every day. Also, after the
> truck has
> run, when you start it up it idles up like it is suppose to.
>
> Based on some information from the DML, I replaced the coolant
> temperature
> sensor. At first, I thought that this may have worked, but it was
> back to
> doing it again in about a week or two.
>
> I replaced the throttle body temperature sensor. Same deal, no
> luck.
>
> So, has anyone else had this problem? Also, any ideas on a fix?
>
> Thanks,
> Garret
> 1997, 4x4, cc, v8
> http://garretl.tripod.com