Re: car wash

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 02:47:45 EDT

On Wed, 05 May 2004 23:43:42 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:
>How does it shine up? I'm pretty hooked on my carnuba wax. It works very
>well, and after you get a few coats built up, the finish takes on a very
>nice depth that I've not been able to replicate any other way. Plus, the
>carnuba hides my swirlmarks. (believe it or not, they are there kids. Yeah,
>I was shocked too.)

I've tried a bunch of different waxes now .. Mothers, Zaino (3-step),
Meguiars Deep Crystal (3-step), Finish 2001, and of course good 'ole
Turtle Wax. I still really like Turtle Wax (haven't tried their new
"ultra shine" or whatever it's called... I did open a can of it while
I was at the store yesterday and it is definitely a completely
different forumlation from earlier turtle wax. Not a goo, but
definitely more of a paste. The consistency actually reminds me a lot
more of rubbing compound). I also like the shine that the Meguiar's
produces, but that requires the polish + the wax step in order to
really look better than the finish I get with turtle wax.

-Bill