Re: Hey all, rehash, speakers...

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 10:54:48 EDT

In article <001301c4336e$bf8e2700$2a58b0d8@bill>, billday@consolidated.net
("Bill Day") writes:

> I need to replace some my speakers in my 95. What are my speaker
> measuerments? I think the doors are 5.25" but the back seat ones are "odd".
> I would prefer not to cut the panels up to get 6x9s in but will if I cant
> get a decent set of replacements.
>
> What have some of you put in the rear seat area?
>
> Bill Day
> billday@consolidated.net
> http://users.consolidated.net/billday/
>
> A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
> give..
>
> AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
> '95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red
>

> ---

Fronts are 5.25's, but I put some Alpine 6.5's in with no problems. Bill White
just added a system to his Dak, I think he went with Polk Audio or JBL (also
with no fitting problems). For the back, I wired in an old pair of Norman Lab
truck boxes (10" woofers, piezo tweets) and strapped 'em in with the seatbelts.
 Pretty redneck/trailer, but it worked. I had these visions of an emergency
stop, and one of those boxes whacking me in the back of the head.... ;) I'm
not even sure if Norman Labs is around anymore, but MTX makes basically the
same thing. Mine have been stolen, so I'm dreaming of a custom box to go under
the back seat. Supposed to be a group buy going for some of these, but I
forgot the link.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto