Re: My 360 V8 MPG Numbers!!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 23:34:51 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:
> On 5/10/04 13:43, "Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

>>>13 gal of gas (approx half a tank) divided by 255 miles (estimated
>>>miles) = 19.6 MPG!
>>

> Well if I did math that way I'd get great mileage too. The fuel gauge is
> not linear - the top "half" of the tank is a lot bigger than the bottom
> "half".
>
> About twice as big from what I've seen - I can get about 200 miles on the
> top, but hit E at 300 miles (on my *best* mileage days - my range is usually
> 250-260 miles)
>
> That would make for 255/17=15MPG
> This is a number I can believe. Unlike almost 20.

ehhh - I disagree - I think it was closer to 20 than closer to 15. Keep
in mind - my total mileage on that one tank was 309 miles. I used 21.19
gal of gas. That gives me about 14.6 MPG - AFTER burning half a tank in
city driving - and you know how I drive her hehe. I was estimating my
MPG fugires for highway.

I have had the tank down to the empty mark and pumped a good 24 gal of
gas in there. Which gives me about 1-2 gal of reserve.

Next chance I get to test my fuel economy I will make sure to keep
better track of my numbers.

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (70) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/