RE: Transmission problem?

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 12:55:38 EDT

Have you serviced it lately?

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Phillip Batson
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 12:09 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML:Transmission problem?

I've noticed that lately, after I've been driving for
a while, when I come to a stop and I'm waiting for the
light to change, my truck seems to want to go for a
couple of seconds. Almost as if it is trying to shift
gears. (automatic trans though)
I have also noticed that sometimes when I start the
truck up, and shift into reverse it doesn't seem like
it fully engages. I give it a little gas, and it just
creeps backwards. I give it a good jolt of gas, and it
seems to kick in.

Is this an indication of my trans going kaput?

Thanks!

Phil

=====
Phil