Re: Speaking of gas prices and mileage...

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 21:51:45 EDT

I don`t really understand that,Bill! I always thought
that smaller diameter tires required more engine rpm
to cover the same ground. It seems that any reduction
in that diameter would have to speed up the engine at
least a little bit. I guess maybe a less aggressive
tread design could reduce drag,and that could be
enough to offset the difference. I don`t know. I went
a size UP (from 70 to 75R) on my tires (last
year?),just to make the truck sit a little higher and
take up some wheel well space. Also to save a little
money! But I neglected to measure mileage before and
after,which I wish I`d have done now. Steve
P.