Re: DAKSY - D.O.A.(*sigh*)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:59:46 EDT

"DAKSY" <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
: Hey, DML....
: Subject line says it all... Dead DAKSY....Pulled outta Wally world & she
: coughed & sputtered & stopped...
: Dead...won't start...doesn't even sound likke she wants to...
: Pulled the obligatory codes...Holy Sh*t!
: 6 Codes?!?!?!

  What'd you do, park next to an MRI machine? ;-)

  The only thing that comes immediately to mind is to check your
battery connections and the condition of the battery. I suppose
it is possible a massive loss of electrical power could have caused
this. Make sure your ground strap is OK too. Might want to have a
look-see at the PCM connections, and make sure nothing looks obviously
wrong with the wiring harness from the crank position sensor
area to the PCM. I'm not sure if a faulty crank position sensor
could cause all of those codes, but it might not be a bad idea
to start looking in that direction. I hesitate to recommend
replacing it because I prefer the "diagnose the problem" approach
to the "throw parts and money at it until you eventually find the
problem" approach, but if you suspect the crank position sensor,
and you're careful about the swap, perhaps you could get one at
a parts store to try and if it doesn't work, return it? Good
luck, hopefully you'll be able to locate the problem and get it
fixed quickly!

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'