Re: DAKSY - D.O.A.(*sigh*)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 21:05:32 EDT

At 06:21 PM 5/18/04, you wrote:
>Dead...won't start...doesn't even sound like she wants to...

Does it crank? If she cranks, pull each plug wire
one at a time and see if each one gives a spark.
If none do, then it's probably the crankshaft position sensor or
its wiring circuit at fault, as long as battery is aok.

>P1281 P0320 P0351 P1391 P0442 P0455

0320 probably resulted in 1391 and 0351. 0351 suspends
EVAP monitor which probably caused 0442 and 0455.
1281 probably resulted from not starting and sending a min.
voltage over a time period.

If you play the odds, check the wiring at the pcm and the
sensor first. The crankshaft sensor is connected via a 3-wire
harness (I think ... 12v, 5v, signal). Wiggle the wiring at pcm
and at sensor's connector and try starting it. Look carefully
for corrosion, breaks and fraying (difficult to do at the sensor
because of its location).

If nothing, then suspect failed sensor. Not 100% but I know
of no way of diagnosing it without required diagnostic equipment.

Hope this helps.

Bob