Re: Today's gas prices

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 08:02:13 EDT

on 5/18/04 11:05 PM, Aaron Wyse at awyse@sw.rr.com wrote:

> I wouldn't figure in the refinery maintenance.. shouldn't they have been
> rotating which ones they shut down anyway.. Maintenance is just that, and
> they would have had it planned for.
The problem with that is all the refineries are running WFO. Take one
refinery out of the mix, and you have a shortage.
There haven't been any new refineries built in many years because everone
has the NIMBY attitude. There are refineries about 30 miles from here which
have been shut down due to EPA regs. Fewer refineries, higher demand, higher
crude prices equals higher gas prices.

Cheap gas is not a birthright.

Hey, how about rescinding the fuel tax increases Klinton gave us?

Jon
STL MO