Re: Nice Rack?

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 09:20:37 EDT

My '89 started out that way. Not easy to drive every day, even in a
relatively light 4 banger. I got a used power steering setup from a
later-model pre-mag and it was almost a bolt-on. The early daks have
different sized tie rod ends compared to the later model pre-mag daks. I
think it's 1/2" vs 9/16". What I did was exchange the used rack at the
parts store for a rebuilt one for the right year.

Tim

>My last Dak had power rack my current does not.. YET!! I plan to swap it
out for a power set up later. It's fine on the highway.. but parking lots
with a 5 spd get old >in a hurry. Stay with the power steering; you really
do not want to go backwards. Aaron W