Re: New,Updated Rotors for our Dakota's???

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:04:21 EDT

"""A Friend""" <dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Do any new rotors exist for our Dak's from Dodge?
> I'm getting a new set on Thursday,for only a $25.00
> deductable....
>
> This will be the 5th set of rotors in 91,000 miles.

The list consensus is pretty much to migrate to either Raybestos PG Plus or
Powerslots, although my stockers were fine at 50k when I replaced them with
powerslots. I could have gotten away with just a pad slap. I mic'd them
and they were a only uneven by about a thousandth of an inch, and the left
was within 3 thousandths of the right one....but then again, I don't let
anyone work on my truck and I'm borderline OCD about my truck.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you're overtorquing your front
wheels. That'll warp your rotors real fast, especially on a Dakota. For
some reason Daks are more sensative to that sort of thing I guess.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L