Re: Today's gas prices

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 14:58:09 EDT

>> All I will say is this. Remember that quite a few refineries were
>> taken off line back in the 90's for the only reason but to help keep
>> gas prices up. Cut the production supply down a bit and you can keep
>> the prices up. There was a whole buch of senate, epa, dept. of energy
>> investigations into this until the current administration took
>> office. Since they are oil friendly for the most part everything has
>> been placed on the back burner. Not pointing fingers since it wold
>> matter which party was in office, if they had a oil sensitive
>> administration they would be the same way.
>> Just the facts................
>> Jeff Durling
>> BTW, cheap gas insn't a birthright but price gouging illegal.
>
> I had this gas price debate with Jon in STL a couple of months ago.
> Please don't confuse him with facts. Despite the fact that he dosen't
> work for the oil industry [his claim], I think they should hire him,
> he is such a cheerleader. [J/k dude, don't flame me..]
>
> In any case, it's sorta senseless to debate seeing as we (the general
> public) are utterly helpless to affect our own destiny here, save for
> switching to more efficient vehicles.
>
> --
> -Barry

No, I don't want to get into a heated debate. I was just posting
everything form what i have been reading over the last 10 years or so.
actually, there is far more to it but, again, I don't want to go there.
What does amaze me about this and others I have mentioned this to is
the wealth of information on the mainstream media that there is to
support it. When you really start getting into it and reading how much
further this goes beyond just the refineries, you would want to revolt.

Jeff Durling