Re: Alarm suggestions

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 16:37:55 EDT

I do not know about other years but the 99 FSM is very clear that the alarm
functionality is in the body control module when you have a vehicle with
keyless entry. Maybe the EVS II is the body control module and that would be
required if you have a vehicle without keyless entry.

Why do you feel the alarm isn't that great. I can't see how a system that is
integrated into the engine management system and can shiut it down wouldn't be
superior to an aftermarket system that just cuts power to the starter motor or
grounds the ignition.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4