Re: Alarm suggestions

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 16:12:56 EDT

Jeff Durling <jdurling@bellsouth.net> wrote:
[...]
: alarm. I bought 8 150db piazzo tweeters form radio shack and had them
: hidden in the car and hooked into the alarm horn circuit. Two under the
: dash, two in the rear deck, One on each side in the upper a-pillers and
: one on each side in the upper rear pillers.

: Lets just say that when they went off you couldn't stand to be in the
: car more than 2 seconds. Your eardrums would start freaking out and
: even if you were there for a couple of seconds you ears would ring bad
: for the next hour or so.

   I did something similar with my alarms - I installed so called "pain
generators" inside, wired to sound with the main alarm. They definitely
make the interior of the vehicle an unpleasant place to be, but it
sounds like your install is more effective than mine. :-)

[...]
: I am going to do the same type setup again in my '96 when i get to it.
: If you are going to say i can be sued we'll I look at it as they
: shouldn't be there in the first place and the system only makes it
: impossible to stay in the vehicle it doesn't do any long term damage
: unles they decide to hang out in there.

   Yep, that is so stupid. Fits into the same category of a burgler
injuring themselves while trying to break into a house and suing the
owner, or a mugger suing his victim for assualt when they fought back.
"Well gee, if you weren't engaging in CRIMINAL behaviour at the time,
you would be fine! Ever think of that?" :-P The sad thing is that
the low lifes have actually WON such cases. It seems like the concept
of personal responsibility is dead. :-(

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'