RE: Alarm suggestions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 22:14:11 EDT

First off, the EVS-II system is an easy system to install as it plugs into
the factory harness - unlike other aftermarket systems (dealerships do not
like wires being "tapped" and some will refuse to do work if this is done).
It's a very nice system as well. :)

On the Body Controller running the keyless entry, there is some truth to
this...but there is still the RKE Module and SKIM (if equipped) module. You
can't simply turn the system on (via DRB--III only) - modules need to be
present for the system to work properly. This is where the EVS-II system
comes in - has everything required.

- Bernd