Re: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 23:57:11 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Barry wrote:
>
>> SO, Norah, how does Jason feel about you kissing strange men from
>> different countries?
>

> As long as it's just on the cheek, I don't have a problem with it.
> Don't get any big ideas, though.
>
>> I intentionally don't use smileys, this is not the AOL teen chatroom,
>> this is a group of adults. If you need a smiley to tell if I am
>> joking or not, it's too late, you have already missed my point...
>

> So, what? Everyone on this list who uses smileys belongs in an AOL teen
> chatroom? Is that what you're trying to say? Are you calling us
> immature? What? I don't understand what you're insinuating. There are
> an awful lot of smiley-using people here. Are you trying to insult all
> of them, or just one or two people in particular? Or do you think
> you're so superior that you don't have to use them like us mere mortals
> do? I don't get it, and I know asking you to explain yourself is a
> waste of time, because I "just don't get it".
>
> Just a friendly suggestion... don't over-estimate your own writing
> skill. Smileys are useful to convey non-verbal information that people
> usually get in conversation from clues such as facial expression, tone
> of voice, body language, etc. It is true that a skilled writer can
> craft his writing to convey that missing information using words alone.
> You, sir, are simply not that good. Incidentally, neither am I. If I
> were, I'd be writing for a living. I know my limitations, and I for one
> am willing to admit that I have them, so I employ emoticons to help
> convey the full meaning of what I'm trying to say. Don't expect us to
> read your mind and figure out what you were thinking when you wrote your
> post, especially since you usually keep them way too short for any real
> explanation.
>
> If you don't want to use smileys, then I strongly suggest you try
> re-reading your post several times from different points of view to
> understand how your meaning might be mis-interpreted. Like I said,
> we're not mind readers. All we see are the words you type, not how you
> feel or what you're thinking at the time. We also don't all think
> exactly the same way you think, so try to understand that just because
> we don't instantly agree with everything you say doesn't mean we're
> "wrong" just that we have different opinions, if that would be okay with
> you.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

Dude!!

I'm laughing too hard to compose a coherent reply... But, Damn, didn't I
just tell you not to take me seriously?? Muhahahahahahaha. At first I
thought you were just poking fun back at me, but by the third paragraph I
realized yo umight actually believe what you are typing... That's too
friggin funny, you crack me up. When in doubt, read my signature...

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com