Re: Propane powered Dakota

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 15:06:31 EDT

I see a lot of city vehicles that have been converted. They are usually
used in local stop and go type stuff.

The conversion kits have been around for at least 20 years. Back in the
early 80s when I worked in a large indoor warehouse, they had small tractors
converted to propane for indoor usage. The reasoning was that the emissions
were cleaner.

A quick google search using "propane conversion from gasoline" turned up the
following link:
http://www.afdc.doe.gov/documents/cn12.html

TonyC