Shocks and Ride Quality

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 23:09:37 EDT

My truck has Bilstein shocks on it, they might be original equipment but I
think they are replacements since they looked brand new when I got the truck
(although the entire underside of the truck looked great). Anyway, my truck
feels really oversprung sometimes, especially in the rear. I know being a
standard cab short bed won't put much weight on the rear but I'm curious if
any of you guys have noticed an improvement in the ride with aftermarket
shocks. Around town it is fine, it actually handles extremely well, but if
I'm on a bumpy road it's pretty harsh and a lot of times I can feel wheels
leave the ground. Just curious, might look into different shocks although
as with everything else there seems to be a shortage of aftermarket parts
for non-Gen 3's...thanks,

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4