RE: Subject: Shocks and Ride Quality

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 22:41:01 EDT

I have an '89 I4 with -2" v8 springs and it's great! Slow, but grippy. I too
would recommend that upgrade to anybody. I did a few other chassis things to
help it out as well.

My '94 318 is the one I need help with. I added 4 new KYBs and a rear sway
bar and expected to get comparable lateral performance, but I 'spose it
might be too front-heavy to react the same as the '89. It's Better, but not
the same. I need to read up some more on chassis dynamics. I'm confused
about what causes the bounciness up front- soft springs, or soft shocks? Are
SLT front springs softer somehow or is it simply that the 318 is so much
heavier than the 153 that I'm used to? The rear is rock stable in pitch and
roll.

I may have to visit truckperformance.com. Thanks Kyle. I've never looked
around there.

Wow...I've really hijacked the original thread with my own 'tale of
woe'...sorry about that.

I'm rambling...must be sleepytime...

Tim