Re: Engine backfire on deceleration

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 14:19:38 EDT

I would suggest anything but the belly pan gasket. It's nothing more than
unburned fuel. Just look at anything involved in firing the engine, except
timing. That's not settable beginning that year. Best guess would be O2S.
Also EGR. Do you know how to test the EGR? With a hand vaccum pump it's
simple. But the O2S sounds like the likely problem. Biff