RE: RE: ASP vs. March

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 14:31:48 EDT

Makes perfect sense to me.

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Josh Battles
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:40 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: ASP vs. March

This all plays into why i've still got the stock fan and the stock crank
pulley. i've got an asp underdrive to put on, but i don't want all the
hassles with improper charging. I have to drive in a pretty good amount of
stop and go traffic, and do so with the A/C on and the stereo pumping. My
battery would be dead in no time.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message news:001601c448bc$b185bd40$7900a8c0@highland... > > I would say that if you do a lot of stop-and-go driving, you may not want to > use the electric fan, charging issues might be too much to hassle with. I > drive very little in that kind of traffic, but when I have to, I use the a/c > sparingly and though it is warmer, its worth the savings the rest of the > time for me. If I did a lot of stop and go driving, I would likely just > keep the stock fan on it. > > Rascal > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Kyle > Vanditmars > Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 11:01 AM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: Re: DML: RE: ASP vs. March > > > On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:57:09 -0400, Peter Grace wrote: > > > > > Ugh! Most of my commute is in stop-and-go. What's the bad thing about > > being stuck with the electric fan? Is it not as powerful or something? > > > > Pete > > > > If you're in stop and go and it's really hot out and you have the A/C on > and HVAC fan cranked, and the electric fan has to come on fairly often > because you're sitting lots and not moving much air through the radiator, > you're going to drain the battery down to dangerous levels. > > I read somewhere about a guy that converted all the main wiring to and > from the battery to extremely heavy gauge wire, and he was able to get > a full charge at idle, but I don't know if you want to be doing that. >