RE: RE: OT: Hybrid Escape

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 16:46:50 EDT

keep in mind, that a lot of hybrid owners have been complaining about their
mileage, because it is nowhere close to the advertised mileage. the prius
lists at 61mpg city (wow!) but in real life, if more like 32-35 (and toyota
claims that it is within spec). this is because the EPA has a formula that
they use, which is what the manufacturer's advertise, but that may not
actually be the mileage it gets. this is coming from CNN, which ran a
special on the bad mileage these hybrids are getting.

Gabriel Couriel