Fw: Pulling codes?

From: Jay & Dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 14:56:39 EDT

 On my 97, 318 Dak I've always used the key on-off method to pull codes and
 only get the 12 (battery) and the 55 (end), on the odometer, which is good.
 But I thought I would give the key another off-on after the 55 and then the
 check engine light started flashing mutiple sequences of flashes. I
thought for a 97 the codes are only suppose to come
 up on the odometer but maybe I'm wrong. So am I to trust the digital
odometer or the flashing check engine light? Now I'm so confused :-)

 Thanks for any ideas,
 ~Jay