Re: MP3 player, new tires

From: Larry L Athey (larryathey.nospam@larryathey.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 16:13:27 EDT

Pocket hard drive based MP3 players can be purchased for as little as
$115 these days. I have an Alpine stereo in my Dakota with the line
input cable and a power supply line that reaches down to the little
pocket next to my gear shift, so the thing isn't just hanging around in
the pickup. I even use Velcro to keep it in place. I would have bought
an in-dash unit capable of playing MP3s if it wasn't for the fact that I
would always have to burn a new CD whenever I wanted to add just one new
song to take with me. Whereas with my little Archos MP3 jukebox, I just
have to synchronize it with my computer and I've always got all of my
music with me.

Everybody has different preferences, I just prefer to eliminate the
inconvenience of burning CDs. I can sync my whole music collection on my
MP3 jukebox in less time than it takes to burn a CD and I've got a lot
more flexibility.