RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Ted Wiegandt (twiegandt@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 18:40:44 EDT

Ahhh Fuel Cells....what marketing...

What people don't realize is that 'wells to wheels' diesels are more
efficient than fuel cells. Also, modern diesels are getting very clean.
There is a ton of cost in refining or preparing hydrogen. Where are we
going to get the hydrogen? From water.. that takes electricity..and where
did you get the electricity? Refine from crude oil to gasoline to the
hydrogen..that takes energy and has emissions. Fuel cells may be zero
emissions, but the production of hydrogen is not.

Ted