RE: RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 15:09:04 EDT

Why not nuclear?

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Mr. Plow
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 12:21 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: RE: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

The planet needs to move as whole away from dependance on fossil fuels.
There are a ton of different ways to get power that is totally renewable,
solar, wind, geothermal, they can even put turbines in the ocean and produce

power from the naturally occurring currents.
Not one single source of alternative power is going to totally do away with
our oil needs, but if we take a holistic approach, the need for petroleum
would be drastically reduced.

Big oil is the problem though, if they were smart, THEY would be the ones
developing the new types of power, instead they are wasting their money and
efforts trying to squash all attempts at getting away from our oil
dependance.

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....

>Hehe, yup!! read a big series of articles that were being wrote in several
>different places (editorials in car mags (several), one or tow of the big
>mags such as newsweek or time, and quite a few online sources) Anyway, they

>all were coming to the same conclusion. It is just a smoke and mirror type
>ploy. The fuel cell is cleaner burning which in turn make the consumer
>happy to have a clean burning car but on the back end it uses basically the

>same amount of oil to produce (some figured it was more) due to the much
>higher need for electricity and the process itself lends itself to high
>fossil fuel consumption. They may find ways to circumvent that in the long
>run but any business is going to aggressively try to protect their
>interests (in this case oil companies) so that will not be a primary focus
>i think. Of course coal comes into play more here also since it can be used

>for this type of process but in the end all the pollutants just come out of

>a factory than a car. Nice idea but the back end logistics need to be
>legitimately brought forth and looked into solving.
>
>Jeff Durling
>
>BTW, DC announced a few months ago that the hybrid durango was dead, not
>due to it being possible to build, but they felt there was a lack of
>interest.

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups - now 3 months FREE!