Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: Bill Knight (billk5008@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 09:11:05 EDT

Don't know about a law, but eversince the shoulder harness has been
installed on vehicles it has been considered inproper use of the seat belt
to not use the shoulder harnes. In fact it is illegal to remove the
shoulder harnes in a vehicle originally equipped with the shoulder harness.
In a veihicle that never had the shoulder harness you would be able to fight
it no problem. Other than that I'd say it depends on the mood of the judge.
Honestly the shoulder harness should be used, they do make additional
attachments the can be put on the belt to adjust the height so it does not
cut acrros the neck for shorter people. Not sure if it would work for you
or not. These are in the automotive section of K-Mart and Wally World.
Good luck and let us know.