Re:

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 14:32:09 EDT

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:00:59 -0400, <blkwidow1@primary.net> wrote:

> Here in MO, it is considered an "equipment violation" and no points are
> involved. Also, the seat belt cannot be the reason for the stop. There
> must
> be another violation involved, such as a tail light out, speeding, etc.
> Then
> they may cite you for the lack of wearing the belt.
> That being said, if they see you without the belt, it attracts attention
> you, and they can usually find some kind of violation.
> Right now they are running a "Click It or Ticket" campaign-they are
> looking
> for people not wearing belts, and if they see you without one, they will
> watch for something.
> Personally, I don't know what the big deal is. Kind of like helmets on
> motorcycles. I don't agree with more laws from Big Brother, but can
> anyone
> honestly justify not using either?

Some states allow you to be pulled over just for not wearing the belt. I
really havn't heard of too many people getting tickets for not wearing
their seatbelts. Only when the cop was cutting them a break for speeding.
And the fine's are hardly worth the expense of issuing it. Between vehicle
costs and man power costs, I don't think they generate any revenue if they
are just issuing tickets for seatbelt violations.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota