Re: RE: Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: Bill Knight (billk5008@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 14:59:58 EDT

If the vehicle did not come with the shoulder harness they cannot give a
ticket for it. Likewise some cars originally did not come with seat belts
at all. And on a similar subject, show me a school bus with seat belts.
Very few if any, and they transport a precious cargo everyday. Go figure.
Also in some states the law enforcemant agency no longer needs any
additional reason to give a ticket for no seatbelt.

<Olznut@aol.com> wrote in message news:1d9.23160d4a.2df49b4c@aol.com...

> In a message dated 6/6/2004 7:30:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> fasstdak@hotmail.com writes:
>

> Wonder what they do when someone in an early 60's vehicle (with only a
> lapbelt) gets pulled over though....
>
> - Bernd
>

> You don't have to wonder anymore. My '66 has those, and been stopped
> numerous times for "The reason I stopped you is I don't see your seat belt
on" and
> maybe another reason or 2, LMAO!! I remember one of the big things Olds
touted
> back then was "Seat belts standard, front AND REAR" Shoulder straps
didn't
> start showing up (in Olds at least) until '67, and that was an option,
can't
> remember when they came standard, '68 or '69 I think.
> Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '03 Ram Laramie 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 Long
Bed