RE: Foolish Lowering Blocks

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 00:42:48 EDT

I would drill the hole in the blocks so that the nut "just" fits in. That
nut will end up being your alignment pin and you really don't want your axle
moving around on you.

Here's a question for you. How does the alignment pin on the other side of
the block fit your spring perch on the axle? If the pin is smaller than the
hole in the spring perch, you should seriously consider shimming the pin
with a section of tubing to keep the pin from moving in the spring perch.

Or better yet, return the blocks for ones made for your truck so you don't
have to do a lot of fab work to make them fit.

John
04 Ram 2500 CTD Laramie