Re: MP3 in-dash player

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 17:34:33 EDT

On Jun 12, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Ken Allgood wrote:

> Well, did some shopping today to replace my Kenwood CD-receiver (may
> she
> rest in peace, she served me well for 7+ years). Probably could have
> gotten
> it fixed for less then a new deck, but figured it was time to let her
> go.
>
> So, I ended up going with a Aiwa MP3-receiver deck. I wanted to get a
> Kenwood, but this Aiwa deck not only plays CD's and MP3's, but it also
> has
> an Auxiliary input incase I get a portable MP3 player as well. Set me
> back
> $141 at BestBuy. I haven't used any of their mobile electronics, but
> I like
> their home electronics, though Kenwood is still my favorite.
>
> So, now I can play MP3's off CD, and if I want to go portable MP3 in
> the
> future, I'm all set for it. Oh yeah, it's the Aiwa CDC-X504MP
> (detachable
> faceplate, remote, etc).
>
> Oh yeah, btw, DAMN these Pirelli's are hard to spin on dry pavement :)
> did get toasted by an Audi today, and I mean TOASTED!! By 45mph, he
> had 3
> car lengths on me and leaving me like nothing, I'm guess he had to be
> running at minimum low 13's, I'm thinking 12's, it was just baaaaaaad.
> Couldn't tell what model, no badges, etc, just the 4 rings on the
> trunk.
> Didn't have a chance to give him a thumbs up. However, I did get 3
> spanks
> last sunday, though nothing big (Ford Sport-trak, Ford Tauras, forget
> what
> the other was). Time to go swap decks!
>
> Ken Allgood
> 97 CC SLT 5.2L

Sounds like a nice deck you got there. Kenwood used to be my favorite
for home too but now it is either Sony's high-end stuff or Harmon
Kardon.

As for the Audi if it was the smaller model and had a odd color (i.e.
non-metallic bright blue, yellow, or red) it could have been an S4. IF
you ever see it again and that is in the grill it fully explains the
spanking you got. Twin turbo 6, very quick. Also the 1.8t turbo four is
already pretty quick but a chip will make it something to be aware of.

Jeff Durling