Re: RE: Distributor Drive Timing

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 17:41:23 EDT

I have a question about this procedure. I pulled a procedure from KRC
performance's website on timing the distributor and setting the fuel sync. I
Removed the distributor and looked down into the gear. At TDC, the slot on
mine is pointing exactly front to back. It is not pointing toward the number
one intake or sligthly toward the AC as descirbed or as shown in the FSM. It
appears to me to be off about 1 tooth. I tried to rotate this oil pump drive
shaft as per the procedure, and it is not possible with the gear meshed with
camshaft. Does this gear lift out? What am I missing?