Re: HEMI engine ?

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 15:12:33 EDT

100HP/ L is good.. Dodge's have been doing that for about 20 years.. Have
you seen what it takes to get 220HP out of a 2.2L Dodge.. Very little..
300HP is practical for daily drivers.
Now they've taken it a step farther and have the Neon down to 2.0L and
they'll easily put out 300HP.
Not meaning to diss Porsche, 450HP from a 3.5L 6 is not that spectacular..
still pretty good.. But not mind blowing, if Dodge was wanting to make big
numbers with thier bigger motors.. 2.7L, 3.5L, 4.7L, 5.7L, or even the
8.3L.. Any of those I'm sure could have been designed and built to do
100HP/L. I've got faith in Mopar engineering.
Aaron Wyse