Re: RE: Saab Fan Switches

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 22:52:36 EDT

> The Saab switch is like getting two normal fan thermostats; IIRC
> it activates low speed at 180 and high at 194 going by the
> archives. The Viper fan is a two speed fan, so they should work
> well together,

> though I wonder if I will have issues with the fan
> running on low all the time as I have a 180 stat in. Anyone have
> experience to share with me on that one?

Well, it'll work ok, but the 2nd speed fan will only kick in when
the temperatrure is 194. If you *really* want the temperature to
not go above 180, you'll have to do something else. But if you have
a 180 thermostat, 194 isn't very much above that, so even on really
hot days you'll only get to 194. (assuming the system is working
properly.) As a reference, a "normal" thermostatic clutch kicks in
at ~210 i think.

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318