Re: HEMI engine ?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 03:43:24 EDT

I can't wait to see those pictures, Ron! (if you don't have space to
host them, there are quite a few on the list who do) I'd like to know
the story of the swap too - donor? previous engine? snags? notables?

On Jun 18, 2004, at 23:20, andy levy wrote:

> If the Hemi is taller than the 440 (I don't know if it
> is or not), and the height is the limiting factor, you'll have an
> easier
> time getting the 440 in.

Of course if height is an issue, there's always body lift, a cowl hood
or a shaker hood to make room. If it's height problems at/near the
firewall, a body lift would be the simplest thing, and if at the intake
area, a cowl hood. If it's length problems, move the mounts forward,
run a 2 core radiator with pusher fans just like the Shelby V8 Gen Is.

Of course if it's width issues, or oil pan/front axle issues, things
get more complex.

Also recall things are far simpler with 2wd trucks for things like this
- fewer clearance concerns under the engine.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 4x4 360                   98 Dakota CC 4x4 318