Re: Re: intermittent coolant leak?

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 18:23:01 EDT

Most waterpumps on v6/v8s have a tiny hole on the back/bottom near the pumps
bearing/seal setup once the bearing/seal setup begins to wear moisture willd
rip from this tiny hole(about 1/8 to 3/16" dia. suaully). That is the
first sign of the pump failing, next sound you would probably hear is a belt
squaling like s stuck pig... no coolant flow, siezed pump.

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red 3.55 LSD turning 30x9.50x15's