RE: OT: Beater Help

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 09:09:56 EDT

I think you mean 1990 Shadow since they weren't made in '80. Typically,
they were outfitted with the 2.5 TBI and A-413 3-speed automatic. That's a
bulletproof combo. I have two 2.5s: one in my Daytona and one in my '89
Dak. Both 5-speed. There are two others in the family as well. None have
had significant issues that warranted the scrapyard. The weak point is the
aluminum head. They have a higher tendency to crack if overheated. They
are very simple to work on as well. If I needed a vehicle in a pinch, it
would be worth every penny of my $250 assuming it runs and stops. Heck, I
even bought a '93 Plymouth for my parents that >didn't< run, but was
fixable.

Prepare to be underwhelmed by performance in terms of power output, but
performace in terms of durability has been outstanding in my experience.