Heading to the Track!

From: Ronald Taylor (scsilverdakdml@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 19:38:59 EDT

I'm heading to PGH Raceway Park tomorrow night for Wednesday night
Test-N-Tune, I'm hoping to see if my traction issues have been helped any
after the Mods I made this past winter.....

(1) A.R.E. Bedcover was installed to help put evenly distributed weight over
the rear axle to hopefully aid traction........I'm grasping at straws here
more than likely, it'll probably slow the Dak down!

(2) I swapped the R/T rims for a set of 17x8 B.Coddingtons Smoothie rims
which seemed a little lighter than the 17x9's, I'm hoping that the reduction
of un-sprung weight may help the 60' time some.......but probably NOT!

(3) This will probably help the most here......I bought 5 gallons of 100
octane Sunoco GT 100 race fuel and will add it to about a 1/2 tank (11
Gallons) of 94 octane Pump Gas to help fight the PING
the 3.9 get's with the Boost/Nitrous Double Whammy I throw at it!

Anyone want to take a guess as to what the times will be.......

it ran a 15.452 @ 91.2 last time out.....no traction on the Launch!

Ron
01' Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!