RE: Filters - Was Re: 4.7L tapping @ start up

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 21:41:31 EDT

On some engines, there is a counter-balance shaft (Dodge's as well) that,
when oil starved, can burn up the main support bearing and quickly put metal
pieces into your oiling system - seen it a few times already. Initial oil
starvation isn't going to hurt you in the interim...long term effects can
cause problems though.

- Bernd