Little tid-bit of info for Catalytic Converter Replacements

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 21:47:36 EDT

For those who are planning on (or have recently) changed out your catalytic
converters...I ran across some interesting information (verified as well):

You must reset the internal PCM "clock" (for ease of terminology) when
changing out the catalytic converter. The reason being is that the
adaptives are changed over time to compensate for efficiency deterioration
of the cat. When we change them out, we use the DRB and select "Catalytic
Converter Replacement" to reset this. What is the downside of not doing
this...the PCM still thinks that there is an older cat on the vehicle and
will change the fuel tables slightly.

- Bernd