Re: Heater Core STB?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 21:01:33 EDT

Hey, Jon!

<snip> Sounds like its probably the heater core to me, yep... <snip>

Seems to be the concensus

 <snip>Just in time for the BBQ too! :-( (Do you suppose DAKSY is trying
 avoid additional carnage?) <snip>

Yep. Guess I'd better get something done before we head out to see y'all...
Had to run out to Exit 30 - Herkimer - tonite (just got back) & kept my eyes
on the vents & the
temp gauge...didn't smell anything - even with the A/C on...

 <snip> I have fortunately never had to do this in a Dakota, but I have yet
to hear anyone who has say that
 it was an easy job<snip>

I had the "pleasure" of doing it to a Mazda B2000 a coupla years back...NOT
fun...

 <snip> If you wanted to get by until you have a chance to get around to
it, you should be able to pull the hoses
off the firewall, then use a "hose repair" type of double barb to connect
them<snip>

I'll check into that tomorrow...

<snip> It would probably also be a good idea to just cap off the nipples on
the firewall
after you removed the hoses so you don't get any Mud Pit in there<snip>

OMG! The Mud Pit! From what I've heard & seen, the concoction that you guys
& gals mix up out there in Forestville will permeate anything! What makes ya
think that caps will keep it out?!??!?

Speakin o' which, I just changed the DML Calendar to July &
I swear Christine actually got some of that Mud Pit on my wall!
<grin>

See ya in 3 weeks!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(Who knows what future carnage shall be wreaked...only the MUD PIT knows...)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/