92 A500 gives up...

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 08:49:29 EDT

I have a 1992 Dakota 3.9 with the A500 Auto. It's got 165K+ on it and I
think it's finally given up. Been doing "OK" for the last year or year and
a half but it was accumulating and ever increasing number of mannerisms.
Monday morning I went to drive from the GF's to my house and it never
shifted into OD the whole time, 6 minutes at 2600 RPM down a state highway
and never did it shift. It also began to kill the truck at stops as I
drove it a bit farther. Talked to a tranny guy and he said it might be a
sensor but with 170K on it, it's not likely. Any suggestions on what I
should do would be appreciated, I'm wanting to go with a new tranny, as
rebuilds tend to suck and kick it after a year and cost about the same.

Zach Burcham
92dakotahd