Re: Webcam?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 10:03:21 EDT

Michael Maskalans said:

> Definitely could be done, and pretty quickly. Just not quite as easily
> as you first might think <g>

Are you thinking of actually trying to pull this off, or is this just a
theoretical exercise? If you're thinking of actually trying it, I'll make
a small suggestion... START SLOWLY (one computer, one router), then see if
it works when driving the truck around. Then try adding a repeater to
increase the range. Then build up from there.

If you go ahead and install a network of repeaters and take a truck down
to the falls to see if it works, I can almost guarantee that it won't,
then you'll be stuck with a debugging nightmare.

That said, it does sound like a pretty cool idea. If I could get more
time off work, I'd say let's work on it during the week before everyone
else shows up.

As long as we're spending theoretical money we don't have, I like the idea
of putting the repeaters up on weather balloons to increase their range
:-).