Re: Webcam?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 19:13:40 EDT

On Jul 8, 2004, at 10:03, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Michael Maskalans said:
>>
>> Definitely could be done, and pretty quickly. Just not quite as
>> easily
>> as you first might think <g>
>
> Are you thinking of actually trying to pull this off, or is this just a
> theoretical exercise?

limiting factors: my current level of PHP 1337ness, an easy way to
scrape NIMA data to a simple stream, un-free(beer) equipment.

> If you're thinking of actually trying it, I'll make
> a small suggestion... START SLOWLY (one computer, one router), then
> see if
> it works when driving the truck around. Then try adding a repeater to
> increase the range. Then build up from there.

good call.

> That said, it does sound like a pretty cool idea. If I could get more
> time off work, I'd say let's work on it during the week before everyone
> else shows up.

I would so be all over it if I had some line to borrow a lot of
wireless repeaters =)

Come to think of it, Apple's Airport Express would rock of this
implementation - if trees had 110v outlets, that is... just pepper the
property with them, and they automatically repeat....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652   home.585.935.7129   fax.954.697.0487