Re: Poly Bushings

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 13:15:38 EDT

> I've had polly bushings in several cars and now my race truck.
>
> Poly = squeak.

This appears to be true.

One take on it:
http://www.quickor.com/pages/bushinglube.html

Here is a book highly recommended by people on the mml:

http://www.moparpages.com/suspension_book/

It's for classic mopars, but he makes a lot of recommendations about
bushings. Unless your doing a race car, he says high density rubber
is best for upper and lower control arm bushings. But if you do go
with urethane on the uppers, tap the busshings for zerk fittings,
and grease with silicone grease.

He claims urethane or stock rubber on the lowers will wear out in
30k miles.

Can't say i can confirm any of this as true, but many people from
the mml have recommended the book, so i tend to trust it.

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318
1999 Dakota Ext Cab, 2WD