Re: Mileage 2

From: mike-lists@tepidcola.com
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 21:19:02 EDT

In article <cckv3p$hp2$3@bent.twistedbits.net>, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy
levy) writes:

> And a lot higher chance of
> problems if the driver encounters deep water (not that *I* would know
> anything about that :P)

I've seen exactly the opposite in quite a few anecdotes on pirate4x4.
mechanical fans spinning, hitting deep water, and having the fan sucked into
the radiator and puncturing it. It apparently is a pretty common think at the
deep water crossings on Fordyce (sp? whatever.) with aftermarket setups using
stock-for-the-engine mechanical fans.

Also, in case you care, their electric fan of choice seems to be that for the
Ford Taurus (rather than the Viper's)

> In the deep south, in summer, in a traffic jam, forget it.

You guys think this is the case with the Viper fan, too? Doesn't seem to be
from what I've read, but I have yet to do it myself.

> I did not notice a significant increase in mileage when I put the
> electric on my 318.

If there's one thing we've proven on this list, it's that no two trucks seem to
respond to *anything* the same way when it comes to milage. Whodathunk I'd get
significantly better milage at 80 than at 65?

--
Mike, momentarilly hailing from Cleveland via the webnews gateway