Re: stuck wheel

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 02:41:50 EDT

On Jul 12, 2004, at 23:42, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> This happened to me with my '92 Ram when trying to take
> the stock wheels off one spring to put the mudders on. I used a
> BFH (big friggin' hammer) on the tire when kicking it wasn't doing
> the trick. From that point on, I always made sure to put some
> anti-sieze on the hub prior to installing the winter wheels
> and I have not had a problem with sticking since.

y'know what's funny? there was some silver goop behind the wheel when
I finally got it off. there's really only one thing that could be -
so: don't *count* on anti-seize =)

by the way - I'll probably have the chance to join Adam in showing up
quite early. would you mind if I took advantage of your welder and
sawzall for a couple days? I have a project in mind....

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360