Thanks: Tires and wheels

From: Traci Pearson (t_writer@privatei.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 08:52:19 EDT

Hi all,
Thanks for all the feedback about my "tires and wheels" decision. In the
end, I decided to stick with the stock 15x8 wheels and put the Bridgestone
Dueler AT Revo (nice!) 31x10.50x15 tires on them. The tires should have an
even stiffer sidewall than the Pirelli's, which will give me better
handling, and I won't be compromising my 4-wheeling performance or my gas
mileage. The tires are also supposed to be the best AT tire I can get, with
really good handling on the dry and the wet, and I can't imagine they'll be
any worse in the sand and mud than what I have. Unfortunately, they're only
an R-rated tire (the Pirelli's are S-rated), but that shouldn't be a
problem. I don't drive fast, but the S-rated tires are simply better made
and stronger. More reliable and less likely to blow out or unbead.

Thanks again! So glad to have found this list!

Traci Pearson
Pearson Technical Communication
Writing, Editing, Information Design • Print and Online
t_writer@privatei.com
(303) 410-9101