RE: stuck wheel

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 08:41:02 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of WiLieR[SS]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 8:56 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: stuck wheel

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:28:09 -0400, Michael Maskalans
<dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

<If you had a steel wheel stuck to a hub, what would you do?>

I missed the original post somehow, so I'll respond to a response.

This happens annually with my wife's Subaru when I take the Blizzaks off
in the spring despite anti-seize on the back of the wheel and on the
studs.

With the wheel off the ground, loosen each nut no more than two turns.
SLOWLY lower the jack, and as the weight of the vehicle is taken by the
wheel, the loud "BANG" will announce the release of the rust bond.
Hasn't failed yet and the edges of the lug holes haven't damaged the
studs.